The Easter Bunny has been coming to my house for many, many years. He comes in the middle of the night and hippity hops from one room to another, hiding jelly beans and chocolate eggs and tiny marshmallow rabbits. I have never seen Mr Bunny but I have heard him… and not just because I am a light sleeper and all that hippity hopping is a bit hard to ignore when your hardwood floors are old and squeaky.
I have heard him because he whispers in my ear on his way out. His words of wisdom have allowed me to revel in the Easter madness rather than fight against it. I choose to share his sage advice and tell you all what the bunny told me:
1. Chocolate CAN be a breakfast food
2. It is okay to watch “The Princess Diaries” with the kids instead of going for a hike (because it is hard to eat chocolate while hiking)
3. There is no shame in failing to properly assemble the toy in your Kinder Egg Surprise (82% of all adults cannot put the wheels on those tiny plastic vehicles or the heads on those tiny plastic characters)
4. The dog probably didn’t throw up because he ate a bag of gummy chicks (and the plastic eggs they came in)
5. Chocolate CAN be a lunch food
6. It is okay to watch “The Princess Diaries 2” with the kids instead of going on a hike (because the dog is feeling ill and it is best to be supportive and rest with him on the sofa)
7. You don’t need a tetanus shot if the cut on the bottom of your foot is from stepping on a half-assembled Kinder Egg Surprise
8. It is wrong to count how many jelly beans you consume on Easter Sunday… nothing should be counted on this very special day… not candy or movies or glasses of wine.
9. Chocolate CAN be a pre-dinner appetizer
10. There are no calories at Easter!