As sometimes happens, there was a conversation in my house the other day about what we might do if we fell into a bucket of money. So I went to bed pondering the idea and this is what I came up with.
If I won a gazillion dollars…
- I would wear REALLY nice underwear.
- I would never walk through the doors of Costco again. Ever.
- I would put grapes in my grocery cart even when they weren’t on sale.
- I would stockpile iPhone chargers.
- I would stop pretending that cheap wine tastes “as good as the expensive stuff”
- I would pay off my VISA. Actually, I probably wouldn’t. I would say that I was going to pay off my VISA then forget. I will die with a balance owing. I have come to peace with this.
- I would hire the most ruthless team of lawyers on earth and fight school dress codes until the entire concept of judging the “appropriateness” of female student attire was as dead as the dinosaurs!!!!!!!! And I would host a crazy ass party to celebrate. And at my party, all the women would be given treat bags filled with really nice underwear and grapes and expensive wine (and an iphone charger).
- I would travel. ALOT. But I would still use Expedia to get good deals and use my VISA to collect travel points because that’s just how I am.
- I would finally get new kitchen cupboards… and redo my hardwood floors… and get new keys for the piano. I WOULD NOT buy a new house or a new piano because that would feel weird.
- I would hire someone to put away my groceries. Is it just me? or is putting away the groceries one of the most dreary tasks on earth?
And I would give the rest to local charities because once you have seen the world and drank the good wine and eaten the grapes, and made your home as comfy-cozy as a home can be, what more do you really need?