Here are just some of the things women DO NOT do in high heels. Ever.
- Work as plain clothes detectives, private investigators, on-site forensics experts, international spies, emergency room doctors, or any other vocation in which spontaneous running may be required
- Teach school. The sexy schoolteacher is a figment of the male imagination – like mermaids and sirens, and dogs that bring you beer
- Go shopping. Especially in grocery stores. Why in the name of God would I wear stilettos to the Superstore?
- Push strollers, play with children, or otherwise engage in active parenting
- Curl up on the sofa at the end of the day
- Cook, bake, or otherwise function in a kitchen
- Meet up with friends. Seriously?!? If you have to wear foundation, mascara, lipstick, and a 3” pair of heels to a hen party, you are not hangin’ with the right hens
- Seduce their husband. Note: If you say “let’s do it”, the husband is happy. Seduction complete. No need for wardrobe changes or uncomfortable footwear
- Travel on planes
Even in the imaginary world of movies and comic books, I am confident that no female action hero would choose stilettos. Cat Woman, Wonder Woman, the Black Widow et al should be wearing Nike Frees because that is what people wear when they need to jump and leap and run and generally kick ass.
That is what real women do every day. We jump and leap and run and generally kick ass. And we do it in comfortable footwear.